Hiya guys, so today I though I’d let you in on how I keep my skin in top form. I consider myself rather lucky as I hardy get break-outs (touch wood) and my skin is generally in a healthy condition.
Having said this, I do have my problem areas. Like many young people I suffer from dark circles. I also have relatively dry skin under my eyes which is more visible when I’m wearing make-up and the odd blackhead.
I’m no dermatologist, but the products that I use and have been using for some time help me keep my skin looking (somewhat) radiant and prevents spots and blemishes from appearing on my face. (I’m a firm believer in prevision as opposed to a solution when it come to my skin, so yes I do have some anti-ageing products
I feel that it’s important to use the right makeup remover depending on you skin type. I use three different products for the different parts of my face.
- Artistry Essentials Eye and Lip Make-up Remover. I love this product so much, and I’ve been using it for a few years now. You need to shake the product well in order to combine the ‘Two-Phase System” (mixing the solution and oil part together). I use the product only on my eyes and lips, the two parts of my face that are prone to getting dry. This product is perfect for dry skin as the non-greasy formula removes the make-up without drying the skin.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I’ll then use this product on the rest of my face to remove my make-up. I love this product as, not only does it remove make-up, but it also cleanses the skin in the same step. It’s also inexpensive and somewhat hydrates your face.
- Olay Facial Cleansing Wipes or Johnson’s Face Care Makeup Be Gone Moisturising Wipes.The final step for me, is to use one of my favourite make-up remover wipes on my whole face. This final process ensures all my make-up has gone and that my face is free of make-up before I go to bed.
Face Scrubs / Power Cleansers:
I feel its important to exfoliate the skin at least once a week. This allows all of the gunk to be removed from your pours. I use my face power cleanser once a week and my face scrub every other day.
- Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink. I love using this product, it helps to get rid of blackheads and also locks in moisture on my skin. It goes without say that the smell of this product is beyond lush. I use this product to prevent getting spots and it works!
- Neutrogena Wave Duo Power Cleanser. I’ve used this cleanser for years now, and if I’m not wrong mistaken, the kit is actually discontinued. It’s easy to use and comes with exfoliating pads that activate in water. The little machine, when switched on, vibrates and exfoliates the skin. It can be a little abrasive but it helps remove dead skin cells and cleanses the skin.
Only recently have I been introduced to using toner as they supposedly help smooth and tone the skin. I wanted to try it out for myself and see if toners actually work.
- L’Oreal Age Perfect Smoothing Toner. I’ve only used this toner twice and this is powerful stuff. This product really does make your skin feel refreshed, and has a really nice fragrance (unexpectedly). The product also removes make-up and hydrates the skin, which perfect for my skin type.
I don’t really use face oils as such, however I do use 1 body oil fortnightly on my face to help my scarring.
- Bio Oil. I have been using this product for a long time now to help me get rid of a scar thats on my nose from an incident I had when I was younger. This product really does work and has virtually made my scar invisible! I’ve also found that this product hydrates my skin, again perfect for my skin type.
Face (hydrating) creams:
Having dry skin, its key for me to moisturise my skin twice a day to make sure it stays hydrated. I use a two skin creams to help me keep my skin from being dry.
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. I LOVE this product as it hydrates my skin so much, and gives it a glow and dewy (but not greasy) feel. I apply this all over my faced once i have exfoliated and cleansed the skin. This product is on the pricier side, but a little goes a long way. I’ve been using this bottle since January and its still 90% full.
- No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm for Dry/ Very Dry Skin. Even though this is a cleanser, I use this as a moisturising cream. The cream is super hydrating and also dissolves any make-up thats still on your face and in your pours.
So there you have it. The products above are what I use to keep my skin in a healthy condition.